Sunday, July 01, 2007

Serious Blogging

Here's to my commitment to serious blogging (or at least an attempt to)

For the longest time I was torn... to blog or not to blog?

Those who know me well enough have learned by now that it takes quite some 'emotional investment' before I start sharing or talking about myself to that person. I'm proud that some even considered me as a good listener. During intimate conversations, I usually keep myself quiet, giving few comments, jokes and questions every once in a while. I believe a large part of the reason why I am a good listener is because I am more interested with knowing about the other person than making the other person know me. I wish I could say that I'm just naturally 'non-self-centered' but the thing is I just don't think that the other person is sincerely interested about me. Its a lot easier to listen than talk, and most people appreciate it more when you listen. So why bother talk about yourself right?

And what is blogging but another way of baring yourself to the world without any assurance that it would care? Why bother blog?

Thinking about it, I realized that I could think of at least 3 or 4 people whom I believe would be sincerely interested about my life. And it is for them that I am blogging. One of them is leaving for Dubai soon so this is one of the ways I'd keep my connection to her.

So for you my friends (and seriously hoping that the 4 would grow in number) share my life ... :)

6 comments:

Arlene said...

sa wakas, may post na rin! ang first blogpost na 2 years in the making! touched naman ako sa nakasulat. wehehe. muuuuwaah! =)

Albert said...

finally!!! ayan update ko na yung blogroll ko hehehe

it's good to know how you are doing, from time to time :)

enjoy blogging!

chi said...

yey! welcome to blogger! =D sana mag-update ka lagi hehehe

roybayot said...

go kuya bel! blogging is a good way of telling the people you know what's happening to your life.

grace said...

hi bel! don't worry, i'm sure na madadagdagan yung apat mo. :)

Unknown said...

Welcome to the blogging world Bel! :) Feel free to write anything you want to write! Don't let other people prevent you from doing that, only you yourself can stop you from blogging. :)

Haha and thanks for listening to all my problems! But please don't be embarassed to tell me yours, not that I'm assuming you have :) I'm just here ya? ;)