Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hands On Manila: Galing Mo Kid and missing SOA

Don't get me wrong, I like my corporate job (so far at least). I'm enjoying the life of being an employee of a multinational.

But I miss SOA-stuff as well. I miss the ideologies, feeling the passion, working with same-minded individuals. I miss the cause, different but the same.

About 3 weeks ago i accidentally met Gilay (org dev pillar when i was SOA EB). She's now in Singapore, teaching :)Last week, our SOA egroup was revived. Wilson sent out to the group an email reminiscing my 'bitchy-toned' email to all the officers before. Made me laugh when i read my previous email again. Hopefully our reunion will push through and soon.

Last week, Gabay invited me to speak on Cell group. And it made me feel good to touch lives again (or so i think i did) by sharing my experience under 7 minute time pressure. I was one of the first cell leaders of Gabay and it just made my day knowing that the tradition is continued.

Also last week, my P&G office mate invited me to the launch of Hands On project Galing Mo Kid. Volunteers are asked to commit at least 5 straight Saturdays to mentor promising public school students. The thrust is to hone these children to be heroes thru entrepreneurship and environmentalism. Galing! :) anyone interested to join me let me know (leave me a cbox message). Para naman may kasama ako ;p

No comments: